Thermoskin Sport Ankle Armour
Thermoskin Ankle Armour Brace
Thermoskin Ankle Armour may provide support for medically diagnosed ankle injuries such as Medial Ligament injuries and Lateral Ligament injuries. The brace provides rigid support while allowing surrounding muscles to move. May be useful for individuals with a history of ankle injuries.
Read on to discover more about the Ankle Armour, or search all ankle supports
Ligament injuries in the ankle joint are very common particularly amongst sportspeople. The lateral ligament is composed of three parts (ATFL, CFL, PTFL). The ATFL is the most commonly damaged ligament in lateral ligament injuries. When all three parts are damaged the ankle joint dislocates and may result in a fracture. Lateral ligament injuries are often seen in sports which require quick change in direction such as netball and football.
The medial (deltoid) ligament is much stronger than the lateral ligament and is therefore injured much less frequently. When damaged, the medial ligament may require prolonged rehabilitation before returning to activity.
Key features and benefits
- Offset Panel traps laces tighter for longer
- Full elastic back ensures complete unrestricted blood flow to the Achilles tendon
- Premium side stabiliser provides superior protection
- Seamless arch enhances comfort
- Available in five sizes
- Universal design, can be worn on either foot
May be suitable treatment for:
- Medial and lateral ankle injuries
*It is important that you choose the correct size for maximum product benefits.
How to wear:
The Ankle Armour brace has been designed to be worn over an athletic sock.
1. To install, insert the stabiliser between outer panel and the inner panel with the top of the stabiliser captured in the pocket at the top of the brace.
2. Begin by lacing the bottom two eyelets just comfortably tight.
3. Continue lacing up the brace being sure to lace through both panels and taking care not to skip any eyelets.
4. IMPORTANT Lace the middle eyelets which are spaced close together as tight as possible to create the most effective support.
5. Re-adjust as required.
- Please consult your healthcare specialist for appropriate use prior to applying this products.
Thermoskin Healthcare RangeThermoskin provide a range of healthcare supports and treatment aids designed to assist recovery in conditions generally diagnosed by a medical professional.
Available in a variety of sizes and for a range of applications.
Please consult your healthcare specialists for appropriate use prior to applying these products.
It is recommended to place the product in a delicates washing bag.Machine wash with cold water. Drip dry. Do not wring, tumble dry, bleach or dry in direct sunlight.
Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and consult your medical professional.
Your Thermoskin product is covered by a twelve month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials.