Thermoskin Knee Patella Tracking Stabiliser
Thermoskin Knee Patella Tracking Stabiliser
Thermoskin Knee Patella Tracking Stabiliser support provides an adjustable internal buttress to ensure the correct positioning of patella and also assist in controlling patella movement. It may be suitable for individuals with patella tracking instability and may treat patella pain and subluxation (looseness of the patella) problems. The brace is designed to improve tracking of the patella during vertical flexion - extension movements whilst the patented thermal properties provide heat therapy yet wicks moisture away to improve comfort.
Support Level: Stabilising / Warmth Level: Moderate
Read on to discover more about the Knee Patella Tracking Stabiliser, or search all knee braces
Key features and benefits:
- Provides light but firm compression to the knee region to counteract tissue swelling
- Internal buttress improves patella tracking through flexion and extension movements
- Universal design can be worn on either knee
- Lined with Trioxon® Advantage patented material for enhanced recovery - clinically developed and exclusive to Thermoskin
- Available in six sizes
- Endorsed by APA (Australian Physiotherapy Association) & AIS (Australian Institute of Sport)
- Covered by a 12 month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials
May be suitable treatment for:
- Patella tracking instability
- Subluxation of the patella
- Patella pain
Measure slightly bent, underneath knee cap.
*It is important that you choose the correct size for maximum product benefits.
How to wear:
1. Position the u-shaped buttress internally around the patella hole, depending on the tracking problem.
2. Apply the product so that the knee patella hole is sitting comfortably over the patella in the mid-section of the 3-piece knee.
3. Lock in buttress with the top and bottom straps.
- For thermal treatment to be truly effective, the heat needs to be generated continuously for long periods
- Do not wear Thermoskin thermal knee supports within 72 hours post-injury
- Wear directly against the skin. Do not use heat creams inside the brace
Patella tracking instability
The patella is held in place at the front of the knee joint by tendons on the top and bottom and by ligaments on the sides of the patella. In addition, there is a layer of cartilage underneath the patella which assists it in gliding smoothly. Patella tracking instability refers to a condition that causes the patella to move towards the inside of the leg or outside of the leg as the leg bends and straightens. Symptoms include discomfort/pain in the area when performing any activity which requires the leg to bend or straighten. It may also manifest itself as a 'giving way'/loosening sensation in the knee.
We recommend seeing your doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms for a complete diagnosis and treatment plan.
Thermoskin's Trioxon® AdvantageThermoskin Thermal supports feature exclusive Trioxon Advantage technology, for the enhanced recovery of sports injuries, arthritis and RSI.
Thermoskin Thermal supports have been carefully designed so that they can be worn continuously for long periods and during a range of activities including sleeping, in order to deliver the highest benefits of thermal therapy.
Benefits of Trioxon Advantage:
When to use:
1. Prevention: Thermoskin may be worn prior, during or after activities to help prevent soft tissue injuries
2. Treatment: Thermoskin can be a valuable complement to present methods of treatment. Worn almost anywhere and anytime, it works continuously to help overcome injury post 72 hours.
3. Rehabilitation: Thermoskin is an important adjunct in helping rehabilitate injuries as it allows soft tissue to become fully extensible and more responsive to therapy and exercise following surgery, lay-off or overuse injury.
It is recommended to place the product in a delicates washing bag. Machine wash with cold water. Drip dry. Do not wring, tumble dry, bleach or dry in direct sunlight.
Nylon, Neoprene, Polyester
(Does not contain Latex).
This product is comprised of:
Do not wear within the first 72 hours following an acute injury. This product contains a synthetic fibre, which may cause allergic reactions. Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and seek medical advice. If pain persists, discontinue use and consult your medical professional.
Your Thermoskin product is covered by a 12 month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials.
Made in Australia.