Thermoskin CMC Thumb
Enhanced therapy and thermal support with cross-x straps for stabilising the thumb.
Availability: In stock
Thermoskin Cross X CMC Joint SupportThe CMC Thumb Support by Thermoskin provides protection for a range of hand injuries. The support provides support for: arthritic pain in the hand, carpometacarpal joint injuries, collateral ligament injuries and lateral ulnar ligament injuries. The support can assist in relieving muscle spasticity for stroke patients.
Support Level: Stabilising / Warmth Level: Moderate
Read on to discover more about the Thermoskin CMC Joint Support , or search all thumb supports
Carpometacarpal (CMC) injuries:Individuals who suffer from thumb CMC osteoarthritis may experience pain within the CMC joint, abnormal laxity of the joint or joint stiffness. Often, repetitive activities which forces load on the thumb joint exacerbates the symptoms associated with CMC injuries. The application of a splint such as the Thermoskin CMC Thumb Support is usually recommended by a medical practitioner based on functional restrictions or pain complaints.
Benefits of CMC joint supports:Utilising a CMC splint or brace can assist in: - decreasing inflammation by providing rest and moderate immobilisation of the thumb area - improve stability of the joint which in turn reduces pain experienced when performing load bearing activities - reduce muscle spasticity in stroke patients.
Key features and benefits of product:
May be suitable treatment for:
*It is important that you choose the correct size for maximum product benefits.
How to wear:1. Position the thumb inside the support.
2. Secure the hook and loop wrist fastener comfortably on the top of the wrist/hand.
3. Align the strap over the dorsal CMC joint and pull the CMC strap firmly to apply supportive tension on the CMC joint and first metacarpal.
4. Place the strap through the thumb web space, cross over the strap and secure.
Write Your Own Review
Thermoskin's Trioxon® AdvantageThermoskin Thermal supports feature exclusive Trioxon Advantage technology, for the enhanced recovery of sports injuries, arthritis and RSI.
Thermoskin Thermal supports have been carefully designed so that they can be worn continuously for long periods and during a range of activities including sleeping, in order to deliver the highest benefits of thermal therapy.
Benefits of Trioxon Advantage:
When to use:
1. Prevention: Thermoskin may be worn prior, during or after activities to help prevent soft tissue injuries
2. Treatment: Thermoskin can be a valuable complement to present methods of treatment. Worn almost anywhere and anytime, it works continuously to help overcome injury post 72 hours.
3. Rehabilitation: Thermoskin is an important adjunct in helping rehabilitate injuries as it allows soft tissue to become fully extensible and more responsive to therapy and exercise following surgery, lay-off or overuse injury.
It is recommended to place the product in a delicates washing bag. Machine wash with cold water. Drip dry. Do not wring, tumble dry, bleach or dry in direct sunlight.
Outer lining: Nylon
Mid Layer: Rubber Foam
Inner Lining: Polyester
(Does not contain Latex).
This product comprises of:
Do not wear within the first 72 hours following an acute injury. This product contains a synthetic fibre, which may cause allergic reactions. Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and seek medical advice. If pain persists, discontinue use and consult your medical professional.
Your Thermoskin product is covered by a 12 month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials.
Made in Thailand.