Thermoskin Sport Ankle Brace
Thermoskin Sport Ankle Brace
Sport Ankle Brace by Thermoskin features figure 8 straps which simulate the effect of a professional taping procedure. This taping effect helps to lock the ankle in a protective position during periods of increased physical activity. Features a breathable tongue, seamless arch and locking strap in order to enhance physical performance.
Support Level: Advanced Stabilising / Warmth Level: Low
Read on to discover more about the Sport Ankle Brace, or search all ankle supports
Key features and benefits:
- Designed with a VR system that provides greater adjustability
- Superlight, soft material provides all round support and compression
- Includes G7 Flex Lining for warmth and comfort during increased activity
- Breathable Tongue: To wick moisture away to keep the ankle cools and dry
- Seamless Arch: Eliminates irritation to the bottom of the foot
- Top Strap: Locks the figure 8 straps into position
- Endorsed by APA (Australian Physiotherapy Association) & AIS (Australian Institute of Sport)
- Covered by a 12 month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials
How to wear:
1. The ankle support is to be worn over a sock. Hold the brace on either side and pull it over the foot like a shoe. Feed the laces through each of the eyelets as if lacing up a shoe and tie them at the top of the brace.
2. Pull the medial strap (inside strap) across the upper foot and tightening until it is comfortably snug, secure the fastener on the outside of your ankle.
3. Pull the lateral strap (outside strap) across the mid foot, tightening until it is comfortably snug, secure the fastener on the inside of your ankle. Now that the brace is in position, adjust the medial and lateral straps as needed to achieve the desired tension.
4. Finally, wrap the elastic top strap horizontally around your ankle to cover the laces and secure the figure 8 straps in position.
- Not suitable for wear within 72 hours of an acute injury
- Do not wear whilst sleeping
May be suitable for: Ligament Injuries
Ligament injuries in the ankle joint are very common particularly amongst sportspeople. The lateral ligament is composed of three parts (ATFL, CFL, PTFL). The ATFL is the most commonly damaged ligament in lateral ligament injuries. When all three parts are damaged the ankle joint dislocates and may result in a fracture. Lateral ligament injuries are often seen in sports which require quick change in direction such as netball and football.
The medial (deltoid) ligament is much stronger than the lateral ligament and is therefore injured much less frequently. When damaged, the medial ligament may require prolonged rehabilitation before returning to activity.
Shoe Size (Australian)
*It is important that you choose the correct size for maximum product benefits.
Thermoskin Sport TechnologyThermoskin Sport range is designed for performance with comfort and durability in mind. These innovative low profile, adjustable braces provide a new generation of support for active performance. This range has a unique three layered material composition:
Thermoskin Sport supports are endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Thermoskin Sport is an official supplier of the Australian Institute of Sport.
When to use:
1. Prevention: Thermoskin Sport may be worn prior, during or after activities to help prevent soft tissue injuries.
2. Management: Thermoskin Sport is a valuable complement to present methods of treatment. Worn almost anywhere and anytime, it works continuously to overcome injury post 72 hours.
It is recommended to place the product in a delicates washing bag.Machine wash with cold water. Drip dry. Do not wring, tumble dry, bleach or dry in direct sunlight.
Does not contain Latex.
Do not wear within the first 72 hours following an acute injury. This product contains a synthetic fibre, which may cause allergic reactions. Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and seek medical advice. If pain persists, consult your medical professional.
Your Thermoskin product is covered by a twelve month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials.
Made in Taiwan.