Thermoskin Ankle Defence
Thermoskin Ankle DefenceThermoskin Ankle Defence assists in the treatment of acute ankle injuries such as medial and lateral ligament damage. The rigid support features stabilising straps which simulate figure 8 strapping of a professional athletic trainer and acts to position the ankle in the beneficial 90 degree angle. Use of the Ankle Defence brace may help reduce the severity and frequency of ankle injuries. Low profile design means the brace fits comfortably in your shoe.
Read on to discover more about the Ankle Defence, or search all ankle supports
Ligament InjuriesLigament injuries in the ankle joint are very common particularly amongst sportspeople. The lateral ligament is composed of three parts (ATFL, CFL, PTFL). The ATFL is the most commonly damaged ligament in lateral ligament injuries. When all three parts are damaged the ankle joint dislocates and may result in a fracture. Lateral ligament injuries are often seen in sports which require quick change in direction such as netball and football.
The medial (deltoid) ligament is much stronger than the lateral ligament and is therefore injured much less frequently. Significant force is required to damage the medial ligament however it is common to see both medial and lateral damage in severe accidents. When damaged, the medial ligament may require lengthy rehabilitation before returning to activity.
Key features and benefits
May be suitable treatment for:
Size guide:Shoe Size (Australian).
*It is important that you choose the correct size for maximum product benefits.
How to wear:The Ankle Defence brace has been designed to be worn over an athletic sock.
1. Hold the brace on either side and pull it over your foot like a shoe. Ensure both side stabilisers are in the side pockets as required, then lace up firmly.
2. Begin by lacing the bottom two eyelets just comfortably tight.
3. Wrap the inside (medial) stabilising strap under the heel and attach the adhesive end of the strap to the side of support. Repeat steps 2 and for the outside (lateral) stabilising strap.
4. Now that the brace is in position, you can re-adjust both the medial strap, and lateral strap as needed, to achieve the desired tension.
5. Wrap top elastic strap closure over the tied laces and secure.
6. Re-adjust as required.
Thermoskin Healthcare RangeThermoskin provide a range of healthcare supports and treatment aids designed to assist recovery in conditions generally diagnosed by a medical professional.
Available in a variety of sizes and for a range of applications.
Please consult your healthcare specialists for appropriate use prior to applying these products.
It is recommended to place the product in a delicates washing bag.Machine wash with cold water. Drip dry. Do not wring, tumble dry, bleach or dry in direct sunlight.
Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and consult your medical professional.
Your Thermoskin product is covered by a twelve month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials.