Thermoskin Flexible Thumb Splint
Thermoskin Flexible Thumb Splint
The Thermoskin Flexible Thumb Splint features a mouldable splint which provides support for the carpometacarpal joint. Thermal properties of this orthosis provides heat therapy for soft tissue thumb injuries associated with skiing, ball sports and RSI. Semi rigid support and therapy provided to the UCL joint.
Support Level: Stabilising / Warmth Level: Moderate
Read on to discover more about the Flexible Thumb Splint, or search all thumb supports
Key features and benefits:
- Semi-rigid splint supports the CMC joint and UCL joint and may be useful in treating sport-induced injuries.
- Patented material provides thermal treatment for symptoms of RSI
- Moisture wicking material enhances comfort for the wearer
- Lined with Trioxon® Advantage patented material for enhanced recovery - clinically developed and exclusive to Thermoskin
- Available in three sizes
- Endorsed by APA (Australian Physiotherapy Association) & AIS (Australian Institute of Sport)
- Covered by a 12 month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials
May be suitable treatment for:
- Carpometacarpal joint injuries
- Weakness, sprains & strains
Measure evenly around wrist joint.
*It is important that you choose the correct size for maximum product benefits.
How to wear:
1. Apply the splint so that the thumb sits in the v-shaped end of the piece.
2. Wrap the thin section of the material around the thumb and secure.
3. Wrap the remaining section around the wrist area and secure.
- For thermal treatment to be truly effective, the heat needs to be generated continuously for long periods
- Should not be worn within 72 hours post-injury
- Wear directly against the skin. Do not use heat creams inside the support
Thermoskin's Trioxon® AdvantageThermoskin Thermal supports feature exclusive Trioxon Advantage technology, for the enhanced recovery of sports injuries, arthritis and RSI.
Thermoskin Thermal supports have been carefully designed so that they can be worn continuously for long periods and during a range of activities including sleeping, in order to deliver the highest benefits of thermal therapy.
Benefits of Trioxon Advantage:
When to use:
1. Prevention: Thermoskin may be worn prior, during or after activities to help prevent soft tissue injuries
2. Treatment: Thermoskin can be a valuable complement to present methods of treatment. Worn almost anywhere and anytime, it works continuously to help overcome injury post 72 hours.
3. Rehabilitation: Thermoskin is an important adjunct in helping rehabilitate injuries as it allows soft tissue to become fully extensible and more responsive to therapy and exercise following surgery, lay-off or overuse injury.
It is recommended to place the product in a delicates washing bag.Machine wash with cold water. Drip dry. Do not wring, tumble dry, bleach or dry in direct sunlight.
Outer lining: Nylon
Mid Layer: Rubber Foam
Inner Lining: Polyester
(Does not contain Latex).
This product comprises of:
Do not wear within the first 72 hours following an acute injury. This product contains a synthetic fibre, which may cause allergic reactions. Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and seek medical advice. If pain persists, discontinue use and consult your medical professional.
Your Thermoskin product is covered by a twelve month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials.
Made in Australia.