Thermoskin Wrist Forearm Splint
Thermoskin Wrist Forearm SplintThe Thermoskin Wrist Forearm Splint may be useful in treating a range of soft tissue complaints such as tendonitis in the wrist and repetitive strain injuries (RSI). The metal splint which runs on the inside of the wrist up into the hand assists in immobilising the wrist to provide relief for the tendons and ligaments in the joint. Dual fastener straps allow for a comfortable and adjustable fit. The thermal technology may assist in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of soft tissue wrist injuries.
Read on to discover more about the Thermoskin Wrist Forearm Splint, or search all wrist supports
Key features and benefits:
May be suitable treatment for:
Size guide:Measure evenly around wrist joint.
*It is important that you choose the correct size for maximum product benefits.
How to wear:1. Position the product so that the splint is on the inside of the wrist/forearm.
2. The hand section of the splint should be placed in the mid-lower part of the palm.
3. Wrap the dual fastener straps through the buckles and around the splint and back on to itself, adjust the tension where needed.
What is RSI?RSI, or Repetitive Strain Injury, is a condition where pain manifests as the result of overuse of particular muscles, tendons and ligaments. Repetitive strain injuries are often experienced in the arms and hands and is usually related to tasks in the workplace but may also result from leisurely activities. It can be caused by tasks such as using a computer or mouse frequently. Treatments include stopping the task causing the pain, immobilising the affected area with a splint and trying to reduce the inflammation in the region. We recommend seeing a doctor for a complete diagnosis before commencing treatment.
Thermoskin's Trioxon® AdvantageThermoskin Thermal supports feature exclusive Trioxon Advantage technology, for the enhanced recovery of sports injuries, arthritis and RSI.
Thermoskin Thermal supports have been carefully designed so that they can be worn continuously for long periods and during a range of activities including sleeping, in order to deliver the highest benefits of thermal therapy.
Benefits of Trioxon Advantage:
When to use:
1. Prevention: Thermoskin may be worn prior, during or after activities to help prevent soft tissue injuries
2. Treatment: Thermoskin can be a valuable complement to present methods of treatment. Worn almost anywhere and anytime, it works continuously to help overcome injury post 72 hours.
3. Rehabilitation: Thermoskin is an important adjunct in helping rehabilitate injuries as it allows soft tissue to become fully extensible and more responsive to therapy and exercise following surgery, lay-off or overuse injury.
It is recommended to place the product in a delicates washing bag.Machine wash with cold water. Drip dry. Do not wring, tumble dry, bleach or dry in direct sunlight.
Outer lining: Nylon
Mid Layer: Neoprene
Inner Lining: Polyester
(Does not contain Latex).
Do not wear within the first 72 hours following an acute injury. This product contains a synthetic fibre, which may cause allergic reactions. Should an irritation or rash develop, discontinue use and seek medical advice. If pain persists, discontinue use and consult your medical professional.
Your Thermoskin product is covered by a twelve month guarantee against faulty workmanship or materials.
Made in Australia.